what do i need to do after waxing?
this is what you should avoid for the next 24-48hrs:
- no heat and friction
- no hot baths or showers (washing with cool or lukewarm water is fine)
- no sunbathing
- no saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms
- no massage, sunbeds or spray tans
- no exercise
- no tight clothing that might cause excessive skin rubbing.
- no swimming
- no use of fragranced body lotions or sprays.
we recommend applying an antiseptic cream (available from your therapist) to the freshly waxed area regularly for 3 days, to soothe and protect the skin. to help prevent ingrown hairs which can be quite common, scrub with a loofah or exfoliating mitt 3 times a week in the bath or shower, then follow with a light moisturiser – recommended is the organics outback hand and body lotion. it is always best to use a moisturiser (suitable for after waxing) as the skin can become dry.